Are you collaborative, innovative, and enjoy visionary thinking? Are you a self-motivated individual who is hardworking with proven work history? Are you a forward-thinking, creative individual who willingly takes ownership of complex and challenging initiatives? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for an Oracle DBA who will be responsible for providing database support related to Oracle build, migration, performance tuning and incident resolutions. This candidate will be providing inputs to database standards, designs, and best practices and recommending changes to fit specific application requirements. The successful candidate will also be accountable for day-to-day operational activities for Oracle DBs, managing escalations, modify established procedures/approaches to suit specific situations including 24×7 on-call and production support.
- Investigate and define operational issues and prioritize based on severity, risk and/or strategic business needs. Manage issue logs and Contact Centre requests. Design and implement solutions to prevent recurrence with the end goal of ensuring clients’ satisfaction.
- Work as a regular liaison with business partners, technology partners, senior management team, and internal and external clients. Ensure internal clients are well-informed of the team mandate and nature, including relevant policies and legislation changes. Promote and support the concepts, products and services of the Channel Support area.
- Act as subject matter expert in the assessment of impacts for planned system changes and projects, ensuring compliance with relevant organization standards (Business, Continuity, Security, Compliance, and Privacy); develop and maintain productive relationships with Technology, QA, and Project team and others. Research, analyze and support the development and implementation of new and/or revised policies, procedures and standards. Investigate, analyze, and provide recommendations on issues and system outages.
Desired Skill Set:
- 5+ years of working experience with Oracle DB
- OCP certified
- Experience in internal applications, working knowledge of brokerage products/services, structure and operations sufficient to apply and adopt standard practice and processes for generally-related operational activities.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in scripting or automation
- Previous experience working in a large enterprise
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.