Do you seek challenges and personal development opportunities, and have the courage to make a difference? Do you possess excellent communication skills and are constantly looking for more efficient ways to manage processes and company assets? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top clients this role calls for a PMO Manager who will be responsible for providing leadership, people, processes, tools and training for the planning and completion of concurrent cross-functional processes in projects that are managed by project managers and others in IT. This role is responsible to set the standard and enable the client’s project management framework (CA, US and Ireland) to ensure effective planning, execution and delivery of agreed deliverables that meet or exceed business expectations. The IT Project Services Manager is also responsible for consolidating, standardizing, and implementing scalable, repeatable project management best practices and tools across IT to ensure optimal and effective results that meet or exceed the business objectives. This role is open to candidates who are ready to relocate and a relocation fee will be paid.
- Lead the planning, recruiting, and effective assignment of team resources; Support work and personal development goals and objectives with performance coaching and ongoing management; provide an appropriate work environment and professional development training.
- Lead and ensure standard, scalable, repeatable project management processes are in place for effective management of IT projects that lead to successful project delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure continued evolution of project management maturity by providing ongoing guidance and training to IT team members and stakeholders. This could involve supporting other capabilities such as requirements gathering, testing, etc.
- Management of the IT Project Delivery Framework and ensuring adherence. Ensuring Project QA and controls are monitored and managed leading to successful projects and Audits.
- Proactively and effectively engage and support stakeholders (Business partners, third-party organizations, Supply Management, IT, etc.) in project work. Ensure optimal communications utilizing best practices and tools.
- Management of the IT Project Portfolio, including budget. Analysis of data and reporting, ensuring accurate information is available to Senior leadership for decision-making, monitoring and mitigation of portfolio risk and recommending actions to the governance committee.
- Project and Portfolio reporting including maintenance of dashboards (Power BI and Project Online) and preparing and providing ad hoc reports as required.
- Analysis of project data and reporting of project metrics per required cadence.
- Work with IT and business areas to ensure that regulatory, security, safety, privacy, policy, and compliance requirements are incorporated into the project management processes where necessary.
Desired Skill Set:
- 10+ years of Project/ Portfolio Management experience.
- 3+ years; of Management/ supervisory experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years of IT background and experience.
- Proactive mindset and capability, identifying risk to Projects and the Project Portfolio, and ensuring effective mitigation strategies are in place.
- Undergraduate Degree in the field of computer science, information systems or related field
- Capacity to adapt, embrace and lead change.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and remain calm under tight deadlines while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and effectively on multiple projects with limited supervision.
- Effective at scheduling and prioritizing own work and the work of others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; exhibit exceptional grammar and editing skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated experience using appropriate tools and technologies including MS Office Suite, web tools, Office 365 (Excel), SharePoint
- Ability to learn new tools.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Adult Training
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.