Do you seek challenges and personal development opportunities, and have the courage to make a difference? Are you a motivated, flexible, creative team player with perseverance, excellent multi-tasking abilities and a proven track record for meeting strict deadlines? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Production Support-Derivatives who will be responsible for applying extensive technical and operational expertise to facilitate and enhance complex, critical application support and maintenance processes. The role provides technical leadership, managing the execution of implementation plans in compliance with operational and service standards, policies, and procedures. This candidate will collaborate with Technology teams to develop and lead the execution of application and maintenance update plans, utilizing a solid understanding of business dynamics. The role focuses on the optimization of resources, working with management to support the development of departmental planning and operational objectives. The role develops materials and delivers training to increase the Application Operation team’s skills and capabilities. The role independently resolves a variety of ambiguous challenges, devising new methods using strong analytic and inductive thinking. Capital Markets in a production support environment experience mandatory
- Responsible for ensuring production delivery and ongoing operations of applications and infrastructure in production; while ensuring adherence to operational standards and business requirements. This position requires on-call support 24/7/365 for critical issues. You will handle incident and problem management, insure proper communication and notifications with all stakeholders.
- Production support – Investigate and define operational issues and prioritize based on severity, risk and/or strategic business needs. Manage issue logs and Contact Centre requests. Design and implement solutions to prevent recurrence with the end goal of ensuring clients satisfaction.
- Strategic Development & Execution – Manage the deployment, validation, acceptance and operations of all applications into production for respective delivery towers. Maintain the central point of contact for production issues both within the applications that are supported and with respect to any cross LOB applications that use their services or infrastructure. You may need to plan, manage and execute annual Service Continuity Tests. Continually build and execute health checks monitoring and maintaining all applications. Participate and contribute to annual CCR planning exercises.
- Continuous Improvement – Build, monitor & report alerting processes, continually improve and maintain all performance related processes within systems. Identify opportunities for development and improvement of policies to streamline processes, deployment, automation, and environment including prevention/detection and remedy of potentially chronic issues.
- Relationship Management – Liaison with Development peers to ensure that all applications are kept at a N-1 state; this applies to hardware and software versions. Manage and maintain Vendor managed services whilst consistently looking for performance improvements and assessing and reporting on SLA’s and departmental KPIs. Maintain constructive relations with internal clients and internal and external partners managing expectations.
Desired Skill Set:
- You can demonstrate experience through a strong operations or development background with Java based application (if possible within a financial institution)
- Experience with Payments and FX systems and asset.
- You have experience managing and maintaining Enterprise Tier 1 Applications that support OLTP processing and execute 24/7/365.
- Experience with Derivatives
- Understanding of the trade life cycle
- Experience working with Front office and traders
- You have demonstrated the ability to analyze and determine quick mean-time to recovery. You possess a team-oriented behavior that engages your team members for the knowledge and ability they bring to the table to determine corrective course of action, determine root cause and correction.
Nice to Have:
- You have a strong background in ITIL.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.