Program Manager – Capital Markets/Operations
Can you cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners? Can you learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others? Do you have the capability to inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Program Manager – Capital Markets/Operations who will be responsible for leading a group of operational functions and activities via Team Leaders, Operations Officers, Analysts and Specialists within a unit and providing guidance, leadership, coaching and development to ensure operational results and professional/personal development objectives are achieved for the overall group. The successful candidate must operate with a One Team mindset and support an environment where the team freely escalates performance and production challenges.
- Lead respective group within a business unit in delivering operational support to the assigned areas
- Identify and respond to changes in the business environment and establish action plans to address client issues and priorities
- Act as a key liaison at the department level to actively engage stakeholders within the Bank and broader industry, developing and maintaining strong business partnerships, clarifying client needs and delivering client-centred solutions that enhance the overall end-to-end experience
- Secondary escalation point for significant risks/exceptions
- Monitor service and control standards against overall business/department objectives
- Provide frontline feedback to client strategy and broader process improvement functions to identify client pain points and opportunities for improvement
- Negotiate and help to resolve complex and/or escalated issues
- Build a client-centric, collaborative and innovative culture
- Proactively identify key business opportunities, research and recommend system enhancement/modifications, develop strategies to achieve recommendations and work closely with system support to execute and implement system upgrades/enhancements
- Conduct root cause analysis, evaluate options and provide recommendations; ensure appropriate reporting and escalation of issues occurs based on the risk profile
- Contribute to the development of the business plan, operationalize the plan and deliver on assigned service or functionality
- Protect the interests of the organization; identify and manage risks, resolve escalated matters and refer complex and/or non-standard, high-risk transactions/activities as needed
- Provide expertise and coordinate implementation and testing of new processes and systems and ensure these are well documented
- Apply knowledge of end-to-end processes and regulatory requirements to drive achievement of department standards for productivity and efficiency, implement process improvement initiatives and execute change, supporting adherence, tracking and realizing benefits
- Mitigate risk by coordinating activities with partners in Operations, Technology, Finance, Risk Management, etc.
- Follow and ensure employees are knowledgeable of and comply with Bank and industry codes of conduct
- Act as a key contributor to strategic initiatives, functional projects/programs and/or internal/external working groups and may sign off on projects of small scale and/or complexity
- Conceptualize/define change framework and contribute to strategy discussions; act as a key change agent for a defined area
- Adhere to enterprise frameworks and methodologies that relate to operations activities for own area (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, Business Continuity Management); ensure unit operates in compliance with applicable internal and external requirements
- Participate in and/or lead community initiatives and promote commitment to shared Enterprise values and commitments
- Assess performance based on team and function analytics
Desired Skill Set:
- 6+ years of relevant experience working in Market Data or Operations or any type of data analysis or data analytics
- 4+ years of experience in people management
- Product knowledge of equities, interest rates, and foreign exchange
- Excellent ability to provide guidance, leadership, coaching and development to ensure operational results
- Excellent interpersonal skills for developing and maintaining strong business partnerships
- Strong negotiation skills to help to resolve complex and/or escalated issues
- Positive attitude and ability to build a client-centric, collaborative and innovative culture
- Knowledgeable of Bank and industry codes of conduct
- Knowledge of enterprise frameworks and methodologies that relate to operations activities for own area
- Experience overseeing a large team with functional diversity and complexity where activities involve multiple-step transactions, multiple systems and jurisdictions, and higher volumes.
- Strong decision-making skills and can work with authority and ambiguity
- Sound working knowledge of Excel
Nice To Have:
- CFA and FRM Certification
- Undergraduate degree or college diploma
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.