Project Manager/Leader – Senior
Are you a self-motivated individual who is hardworking with proven work history? Are you a driven team player who is looking to join a fast-paced, high-growth, and energetic team? Are you that talented professional we are looking? If yes, Apply Soon!
Working with one of our leading public sector clients, this is an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager/Leader – Senior who will manage multiple concurrent projects to OPS I & IT Standards using a combination of waterfall and agile methodologies. The potential candidate will manage multiple projects and project resources through the project management life cycle while meeting Health Service Cluster gating and architecture checkpoint requirements.
- Adhere to I&IT standards and best practices for project management to facilitate control of system quality; adhere to standard methodology and the control of the use of I&IT resources
- Develop project plans, work packages, obtain approvals
- Develop and execute project charters, integrated project plans, schedules and communication plans, including obtaining approvals
- Maintain the project plan, the communication Plan (communications within the team and between the team and external entities), and the master project Schedule
- Create and manage the assigned work package within the overall project plan, including all components, documents and reports
- Report to, manage expectations of senior executives and other stakeholders
- Participate in steering committee and stakeholder forums as required
- Provide project, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels
- Manage stakeholders’ interests and expectations throughout the life cycle of the project
- Issue and Risk Management and Mitigation
- Proactively identify risks and issues pertaining to the assigned work package, report them to the overall Project Champions and the Portfolio Team. Identify and mitigate strategies and responses to the issues and risks
- Develop and maintain product backlogs
- Collaborate and communicate with stakeholders, developers, technical team members and designers
- Vendor Management
- Work with vendors to successfully negotiate and deliver mutually beneficial multi-year contracts for ongoing warranty, maintenance and support of the technology such as the Computer Aided Dispatch application
- Ensure the development and delivery of business cases where applicable (ie management board submissions) to seek approval for long term support & maintenance contracts with Ministry vendors
- Work with Ministry (or assigned) Legal and Procurement entities within the OPS to ensure Ministry processes are adhered to, and Ministry interests are incorporated while establishing the contract.
- Coordinate project plans with Public Safety Operations.
- Ensure project implementation plans have no adverse impact to public safety operations.
- Financial management of project
- Ensure a high level of fiscal control and accountability for project budget. Forecast changes to the budget and communicates planned vs. actual budget as the project progresses
- Experience with the land ambulance sector and its stakeholders
- Experience managing projects related to 24×7 critical environments and operations
- Experience with Public Safety implementation
- Demonstrated experience with Dispatch Services including: Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) applications and its related tools such as CAD to CAD, GEO, GIS Link and others
- Technical PM that has implemented data centre type deployments including Network builds, Infrastructure such as racks, cabling, SAN, Security implementation, including firewalls
- 10+ years of experience with Project Management
- Working knowledge of industry standard such as Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management methodologies, producing documentation, collaterals, and artefacts
- Demonstrated experience with project and software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated IT project management experience managing all phases (concept, definition, planning, implementation, and closeout) of large scale, complex IT project
- Effectively manages large project budgets and ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability including estimates, forecasts and reconciliation/confirmation of actuals.
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise Content Management
- Demonstrated experience gathering and developing requirements for project charters, and integrated project plans
- Demonstrated experience identifying and evaluating specific issues or risks, providing options analysis and recommending action plans to mitigate the risks
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools: MS Project, Clarity/Planview or equivalents for standard status reporting
- Demonstrated experience with Dispatch Decision Support tools such as Allied Agency Notification(AAN), Real Time View(RTV), Seamless and others
- Demonstrated experience on leading a project from market scanning, procurement, planning, implementation to completion.
- Ability to translate and communicate in business language with technology expertise
- Ability to establish and manage complex stakeholder relationships between provincial, municipal government, emergency first responders (police, fire and ambulance) and 21 ambulance dispatch centres
- Experience with including redundancy with the infrastructure and network
- Experience with monitoring solutions for Infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience working with a large project team
- Demonstrated experience preparing and distributing project updates, progress reports projecting stakeholder while managing expectations pertaining to scope and timeline constraints
- Demonstrated experience identifying and acquiring a mix of skilled technical resources necessary to complete project assignments/deliverables; including clarifying roles and responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience communicating across many functional areas to actively engage project stakeholders and manage client expectations with diverse interests, technical and non- technical backgrounds using the appropriate level of political acuity and messaging for the audience.
- Written communication skills to prepare authoritative recommendations, proposals and reports; such as Briefing Notes and executive presentations
- A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Strong discipline in resolving resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, ensures knowledge is shared among team members to achieve project objectives Demonstrated experience leading presentations for senior management, stakeholders and teams
- Demonstrated experience to act independently and make decisions that achieve optimal results with minimal supervision
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.