Project Manager – Migration
Do you seek challenges and personal development opportunities, and dare to make a difference? Do you possess excellent communication skills and are constantly looking for more efficient ways to manage processes and company assets? Then, apply now!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Project Manager – Migration who will be responsible for planning, managing, and delivering distinct projects through all specific phases, in alignment with business and/or enterprise strategies and communication with various levels of management. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills. The candidate must be able to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to teams(s) while partnering with business and executive stakeholders within a single or across multiple Lines of Business.
- Engages executive sponsor to ensure active participation in project initiatives.
- Engage appropriate stakeholders to identify and manage required outcomes of projects for the business.
- Establish effective project oversight and other governance bodies, and engage the correct levels to support the direction for the project.
- Provide ongoing communication to key stakeholders to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status promptly.
- Respond to inquiries and escalate concerns from stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Provide advice and guidance to business partners and project team as required regarding best practices in project management.
- Apply Organizational Change Management principles and practices to effectively manage the people side of change.
- Assess and ensure that customer experience/stakeholder implications are appropriately managed.
- Build consensus and relationships with the project team and business Leads the project team, stakeholders, and key project deliverables.
- Deliver and own project outcomes that are aligned to established cost, timing, deliverable, and scope objectives
- Proactively identify and track project risk and develops mitigation plans to manage risk.
- Adhere to enterprise project gating and governance controls to ensure that projects meet all the performance, quality, and compliance standards and conform to appropriate methodology.
- Create detailed project status reports and presents key highlights and related implications for business partners and leaders.
- Abide by enterprise project methodology and recognized project management processes, ensuring discipline and controls are consistently applied to all projects.
- Ensure production of necessary project documentation as agreed to by the Project Sponsor and involved Stakeholders Investigates and where necessary escalates all project issues to support the effective resolution.
- Oversee the scope during the project and collaboratively adjust scope where necessary ensuring adherence to established project change management processes.
- Monitor project health continuously and engage management as required if project health changes.
- Develop innovative approaches to create solutions to resolve problems and significant issues within the mandate of the project.
- Identifies all project dependencies and risks, ensuring that they are effectively managed.
- Execute project management deliverables within budget and as per the approved project plan.
- Develop, monitor, and track project plans throughout the project lifecycle.
- Monitor and control the work related to each deliverable.
- Generate cost estimates and provide general financial management, incorporating risk, for assigned projects.
- Accurately forecast and manage assigned budget and provide monthly financial reporting for projects.
- Assist with the overall program and/or portfolio financial reporting by providing input into the process.
- Facilitates financial planning processed as part of project planning and scoping for projects.
- Provides project reporting, including technology spend, and ad-hoc analysis, and presents issues requiring attention by senior management.
- Identify discrepancies between financial forecasts and actuals and escalate material discrepancies and adjust scope, schedule, or budget as appropriate.
- Manage resource and capacity management processes for assigned projects.
- Ensure the project benefits realization process is followed throughout the life of the project.
- Support vendor management and strategic sourcing process, managing RFP activity and partnering with vendor(s) to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
Desired Skill Set:
- Undergraduate Degree.
- 8 years of Project Management experience.
- Experience supporting planning.
- Experience working with modeling areas.
- Experience working with technology and business.
- Experience working with MS Office.
- Experience working in the Financial industry.
Nice to Have:
- PMP or PMI Certification.
- Experience working with Risk Systems.
- Experience working with Cloud Systems.
- Experience working with Agile.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.