Project Manager – PMP
Are you collaborative, resourceful and highly organized? Do you enjoy developing relationships with influential stakeholders? If yes, this could be your next opportunity!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Project Manager -PMP who will be responsible to effectively manage multiple project stakeholders from cross-functional teams, as well as interfacing with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors, and consultants. This candidate must have strong collaboration skills to help uncover stakeholder needs and motivations, influence and secure the cooperation of key resources, resolve conflicts and negotiate positive outcomes for the project. The desired candidate should have the ability to understand and learn the dynamics of relationships in an organization to identify decision-makers and influencers, and to predict how new events or situations will affect the organization. The ideal candidate for this role is Resilient under pressure and tight timelines have excellent organizational skills and pay great attention to detail.
- Manage multiple project stakeholders from cross-functional teams, as well as interfacing with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors, and consultants.
- Engage executive sponsor to ensure active participation in project initiatives
- Effectively manage stakeholder expectations related to project cost, time, and scope of deliverables
- Establish effective project oversight and other governance bodies, and engages the correct levels to support the direction for the project
- Provide ongoing communication to key stakeholders, including the Project Sponsor
- Program Manager and Portfolio Director to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status promptly
- Communicate project summary, status, financials, etc. to appropriate parties involved in the governance of the project
- Collaborate with the appropriate partners to ensure required resources are assigned to the project for successful delivery
- Assess and ensure that customer experience/stakeholder expectations are appropriately managed
- Build consensus and relationships with the project team and business
- Manage and track cash view of all project financials (forecasts and actuals)
- Build and manage project schedule, obtaining input from all project stakeholders to gain buy-in and acceptance of milestones and target completion dates for all project deliverables
- Maintain project RAID log, tracking and managing risks, issues, actions, and decisions through to completion by owners
- Adhere to established project management processes ensuring approved scope deliverables are completed
- Oversee scope of the project and collaboratively adjusts scope when necessary, ensuring adherence to established project change management processes
- Adhere to enterprise project gating and governance controls to ensure that projects meet all the performance, quality, and compliance standards and conform to appropriate methodology
- Strong knowledge of the Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) utilizing the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) by PMI
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and PMLC
- Thorough knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
- Experience working in a large matrix organization with a mature EPMO governance support structure
- Knowledge of productivity and PM tools (MS Office PC software applications – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Thorough understanding of administration, management, and financial forecasting strategies and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the Financial Services sector
- Knowledge of the Clarity PPM application
- SAFe Agile experience
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.