Are you a leader and learner? Would you like to see the impact of your work? Do you see yourself in a collaborative, challenging, and result-oriented environment? Are you a people person? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of our top enterprise clients, this is an exciting opportunity to take on a leading role as a Purchasing Manager who will lead the Purchasing department and will focus the team on the achievement of the department’s operational objectives. The ideal candidate will have a strong, solid background in purchasing and supply chain management, you will take a proactive approach in reviewing current systems and procedures, making recommendations, and implementing changes. The individual is key to helping lead the Company forward in securing quality suppliers of materials, negotiating with the Company's best interest in mind, and securing the timely delivery of goods. The successful candidate will have a clear project focus, working very closely with scheduling, inventory management, engineering, and production teams. This person will understand the business and be able to drive outcomes with the purchasing team. The candidate will address challenges and issues with a focus on finding solutions and successfully overcoming obstacles and pay attention to detail. The successful individual will communicate with internal partners, providing rationale behind purchasing and logistic decisions, and also consider and apply feedback from key stakeholders and external partners making alterations as necessary and required.
- Manage and control the company's external suppliers with particular emphasis on the negotiation, purchase of products, inventory control, and P.O. writing for the department
- Ensure products are bought at the most competitive price and delivered on time.
- Establish strategic relationships with key suppliers who are aligned with the company's needs.
- Identify new suppliers, agreeable terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates with the company’s best interest in mind
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments e.g. Engineering, Production, Sales, Scheduling, Inventory Management, and Accounting
- Continually improve purchasing methods and enhance external spend
- Ensure shipping and logistics costs are managed to drive down costs and ensure on-time delivery
- Assist in a comprehensive review of the Purchasing function and its methodology and identify and implement improvements to drive Production Efficiency
- Material Costs & Inventory control is required to assure company targets are met.
- New Products / Product Development support
- Identify and maximize tools (i.e. ERP) to obtain data necessary to support financial analysis and inventory control. Responsibilities may include extracting and analyzing data
- Assist in the analyses of purchasing data and inventory to support the preparation of financial/business plans, budget, and forecasts for the company
- Monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the purchasing status through regular meetings and effective management reporting including monthly management reporting
- Update and implement all necessary business policies, procedures, and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Manage and coordinate Purchasing activities with relation to Cost, Delivery, and Quality performance
- Coordinate and manage resolutions to Supplier Quality concerns, ensuring timely and effective containment and a long-term resolution of each concern
Desired Skill Set:
- SCMA qualified
- 10 years of experience in a Purchasing role
- Proven track record of leading a purchasing team
- High competency level in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum)
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend whilst developing a robust supplier base
- Able to bring a new dimension to procurement activities
- Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques
- Experience with inventory management and shipping
- Experience dealing cross border
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization, and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision-making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication
- Hands-on approach to all tasks
- Results-oriented and confident
- Commercial and financial acumen with strong negotiation skills
- Set priorities while considering the short and long-term needs of the business
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.