QA Analyst – Mainframe
Do you have a strong technical testing background, the ability to define effective test strategies, and the ability to understand highly complex architectures? Then, apply now!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a QA Analyst – Mainframe who will be responsible for identifying issues, analyzing problems, and proposing solutions independently of management guidance. The candidate must have experience in QA and Automation. The ideal candidate is results-oriented and forward-thinking and can help drive long-term plans. The candidate must be able to work independently as the QE engineer within an Agile Scrum team. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication skills, analytical skills, is a quick learner, and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Define and execute the automation, testing, and QA processes used in the infrastructure group from smoke testing through final acceptance testing.
- Define and execute an automation strategy working with external groups.
- Execute QA and automation processes on all Engineering projects with direction from a team manager.
- Ensure we meet deliverable deadlines without compromising the quality of the deliverables.
- Establish a culture of quality and testing within the ITS group.
- Work with the Customer base to understand their needs and ensure the team delivers high-quality products that meet end-user requirements.
- Design and develop automation architecture and scripts to interface with additional scripts for the startup, cleanup, logging, reporting, and reduce maintenance.
- Ensure that the scripts are complete, executable, reusable, and maintainable.
- Responsible for setting standards for scripting and the environment that best suit the production.
- Responsible to ensure that all planned activities are implemented, executed, and completed per the planned timeline.
- Responsible for progress reporting and ensuring that problems and issues are raised for prompt corrective action.
- Manage short-term and long-term objectives and effectively scope projects within schedule constraints.
- Work with other QA teams, Business Analysts, and Solution Analysts to validate requirements and incorporate the requirements for the design and development of the automation test scripts.
- Attend QA team meetings and articulate any concerns and findings as well as report those concerns using standard problem reporting tools.
- Participate in test strategy, test estimation, and planning discussions.
- Read Requirement Specification documents and produce Test Plans and Test Cases.
- Define Automation Strategies that will verify the operation of new services or products while tracking to project schedule.
Desired Skill Set:
- 3 years of experience working with Automation Testing.
- 3 years of experience working with Selenium/Java. including solid debugging and problem-solving skills: 3 years
- 4 years of experience working with Mainframe conducting file validation, file creation, and TSO/ISPF commands.
- 5 years of experience working with Jira and Confluence.
- 7 years of Quality Engineer experience.
- Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with BDD/Cucumber.
- Experience working in the Financial industry.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.