QA Automation Analyst – Selenium/Mainframe
Do you have a strong technical testing background, the ability to define effective test strategies and the ability to understand highly complex architectures? We have an exciting opportunity for you…
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a QA Automation Analyst – Selenium/Mainframe who will be responsible for leading test planning, preparation and execution activities. This candidate must prioritize testing tasks, and ensure milestones, activities, and tasks are completed as scheduled. The successful candidate will build, and maintain test environments. monitor, troubleshoot, triage, and resolve issues. The ideal candidate has strong experience in Automation testing, Unix and SQL with excellent communication skills.
- Analyze, develop, debug, execute and maintain complex automated test cases.
- Be responsible for all project/ release testing (e.g. integration, business acceptance, performance, operability, deployment verification).
- Coordinate testing planning, support with partners (e.g. business, CIO group, Infrastructure).
- Lead documentation creation, review, sign-off (e.g. test strategies, plans, schedule, cost estimates, test cases, dashboards, defect logs, test phase closure reports, entry/exit criteria and gating).
- Apply risk analysis methodologies, tools that align with a project's development approach.
- Prioritize testing tasks, ensure milestones, activities, tasks are completed as scheduled.
- May create and execute test case creation and execution to ensure team meets timelines.
- Ensure testing does not impact the production environment (e.g., file transmission scheduling), meets information security/privacy policies/guidelines.
- Chair daily defect status calls to ensure prompt, thorough documenting, tracking, testing. report on test planning, execution, defects to project team using standard test quality metrics.
- Lead relationships with project team, release teams, third-parties, clients.
- Build, maintain test environments. monitor, trouble shoot, triage, resolve issues.
- Co-ordinate code deployments, maintenance upgrades and project testing across numerous environments on various technology platforms.
- Follow established testing processes, in doing so, identify, assess, address, resolve and/or escalate, develop contingency plans as needed.
- Participate in audit reviews of test artifacts, ensure they meet standards and audit requirements, and are stored in the project site.
- Participate in gate reviews, testing activities and artifacts, ensure they adhere to gating criteria.
- Communicate, address scope changes that may impact testing (timeline, costs, risks).
- Promptly identify, notify, escalate, monitor issues, recommend solutions.
- Track financials.
- Identify, track resources needed to cover projects.
- Use tools to develop, maintain virtualized services, components, environments.
- Coach colleagues and act as a reference for the requirements management life cycle.
Desired Skill Set:
- 6 years of experience in automation with User Interface (UI) Using Selenium Java
- 6 years of experience in Jira and Confluence
- 6 years of solid expertise with SQL Queries
- 5 years of hands-on experience in UNIX shell scripting
- 4 years of experience in Agile Delivery
- University Degree
Nice to have:
- Experience in Batch Mainframe
- Testing certifications
- Strong communication skills
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.