QA Lead – Functional Testing
If you share a passion for performance, a growth mindset with versatile skills, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity.
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a QA Lead – Functional Testing who will be focused on Defect and Release Management within a major program delivery team and can provide oversight to tactical delivery of testing and issue resolution across several complex interdependent engineering teams. This candidate will ensure the program has a single view & understanding of the current state of the release and defect resolution lifecycle, assuring test execution across delivery workstreams combines to bring a stable, functional, and acceptable program solution platform.
- Operating within the Program Test Team, liaise with Client/Supplier Development and Test Leaders to clarify delivery scope, roadmap, and ongoing test status, and track all related activities to provide week to week Program oversight of defects and path to resolution within an overall Agile model
- Collaborate with all Build/Test teams through Release and test cycles across multiple work streams and roadmaps that come together in the integrated service platform, and own dashboard representation of the program status through a test lens
- Actively participate in Test Cycle definition & execution, resultant defect tracking and reporting, resolution and required release/fix oversight to remediate issues
- Be the go-to resource for Release & Fix Management clarification from a normalized Program Perspective
- Evaluate and report defect risk, understanding how technology changes can impact the Program Platform roadmap, sometimes being prime on mitigation to secure the overall ecosystem schedule
- Contribute to Program Test delivery governance through quality gating, enabling and advocating acceptance consideration for the release of quality
Desired Skill Set:
- 10+ years of QA experience
- Quality Engineering Subject Matter expert, with experience in the Software Development Lifecycle in an agile setting, and/or large program implementation where formal Functional, end-to-end Integration and User Testing is key to final acceptance
- Operated as a QA Manager at a senior level, hands-on, overseeing the complete delivery lifecycle of Quality outcomes, executing strategy through test planning, preparation, delivery, and reporting
- Experienced in Release Management as part of complex program delivery plans and associated defect issue resolution
- Ability to operate without direct reports while depending on multiple delivery teams to execute while providing oversight at the program level
- Ability to seek consensus on issue resolution while holding staff to plan
Nice To Have:
- Former banking / FI experience
- Experience with QA tools
- Understanding how to produce useful and meaningful dashboards
- Worked on large programs and/or came from a place that develops software
- Previous experience being involved in a transformational, and/or regulated and disciplined environment
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.