QA – Senior Automation Engineer
Do you have a strong technical testing background, the ability to define effective test strategies, and the ability to understand highly complex architectures? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a QA – Senior Automation Engineer who will be responsible for identifying issues, analyzing problems, and proposing solutions independently of management guidance. The candidate for this role is someone who has experience in Quality Analysis and Automation. The ideal candidate is results-oriented and forward-thinking and can help drive the companies long-term plans. The ideal candidate is a good team player and can collaborate well with other team members.
- Define and execute the automation, testing, and QA processes.
- Define and execute an automation strategy working with external groups.
- Execute QA and automation processes on all Engineering projects with direction from a team manager.
- Ensure deliverable deadlines are met without compromising the quality of the deliverables.
- Establish a culture of quality and testing within the ITS group.
- Work with the Customer base to understand their needs and ensure the team delivers high-quality products that meet end-user requirements.
- Design and develop automation architecture and scripts to interface with additional scripts for startup, cleanup, logging, reporting, and reducing maintenance.
- Ensure that the scripts are complete, executable, reusable, and maintainable.
- Responsible for setting standards for scripting and the environment that best suits the production.
- Responsible to ensure that all planned activities are implemented, executed, and completed per the planned timeline.
- Responsible for progress reporting and ensuring that problems and issues are raised for prompt corrective action.
- Manage short-term and long-term objectives and effectively scope projects within schedule constraints.
- Work with other QA teams, Business Analysts, and Solution Analysts to validate requirements and incorporate the requirements for the design and development of the automation test scripts.
- Define Automation Strategies that will verify the operation of new services or products while tracking to project schedule.
Desired Skill Set:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science.
- 3 years of experience in automation testing groups performing a range of testing tasks.
- 5 years of experience working with API testing and data validation.
- 5 years of experience defining Automation Strategies and tracking project schedules.
- 8 years of experience working with Java and writing code/functions for complex scenarios, integration points, and supporting multiple technologies.
- Experience working with Sprint automation for UI Selenium and REST Assured API.
- Experience working with Automation frameworks set up and troubleshooting and implementing reusable utilities and enhancement to frameworks.
- Experience working with Git/Bitbucket repository and managing code with consistent coding standards.
- Experience working with Integration automation code with Dev-ops.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience working with Automation approach creation and planning.
- Experience working with Jira, Cucumber, Jenkins, GIT, Selenium, and REST Assured.
- Experience working in a behavior-driven development model.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in the Financial industry with some knowledge of Mortgage and Lending.
- Experience working with CRM tools like Salesforce, underwriting solutions, and servicing platforms.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.