If you are a self-confident, self-motivated person with a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills and you enjoy a fast-paced team-driven environment, Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Quantitative Analyst/Developer who will be responsible for designing, implementing and supporting quantitative models across the global strategy team. These models include asset valuation models, macroeconomic forecasts, and trading signals that will be utilized to help aid in trading and sales flow and front-office business activities. This role requires a versatile individual with strong research and software development skills, proficiency in Python and strong experience with VBA, Excel and spreadsheet-based analysis. The ideal candidate has great learning skills with experience in capital markets, equities, fixed income etc.
- Research and development of new macro trading signals.
- To assist with the development and maintenance of codebase as required
- Assist with development and testing of systematic backtesting/optimization engine.
- Investigating/applying cutting-edge quantitative ideas to improve systematic trading signals.
- Building world-class tools that assist strategists and traders in making trading decisions.
- Maintenance and monitoring of daily operational tools for building daily signals.
- Supporting and facilitating the daily maintenance requirements in collaboration with other team members to expedite and enhance the turnaround time on the requirements for the market strategy group
- Performing literature research in quantitative techniques, big data trends and broader market trends to ensure that models and techniques dovetail with current market standards
- Liaising with internal sales and trading teams and external clients, including institutional investors, government organizations and corporations, to provide market insight
Desired Skill Set:
- 5 years of experience in coding with strong research and software development skills
- 5 years of experience using Python and VBA
- 5 years of working knowledge of economic theory, principles and econometrics
- 5 years of experience using Advanced Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, Bloomberg) and spreadsheet
- 2 years of experience in quantitative analysis, focusing on coding, data analysis or back testing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- Strong communication skills, verbal & written
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics
Nice to Have:
- Completion or working towards the completion of CFA
- Prior buy or sell the experience – working for a trading floor
- Technical skills including Programming OOP and basic design patterns, statistics, machine learning
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.