Risk Analyst/Counterparty Credit Risk
Are you a versatile self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with attention to detail? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Risk Analyst/Counterparty Credit Risk who will be responsible for the generation and monitoring of an independent view of the Profit and Loss, Market Risk, Counterparty Credit Risk, Collateral and Valuation activities of The Bank’s global trading activities. This candidate will be primarily focused on the analysis, reporting, and monitoring of risk exposures ensuring that they are in accordance with established counterparty credit limits. The successful candidate will be involved in close partnerships and interaction with a wide range of areas, including credit risk management, global counterparty credit, market risk control, model development, front office, audit, and change delivery.
- Generate accurate and complete processes to measure and report on exposures ensuring that all reports are submitted as per reporting guidelines.
- Ensure risks within portfolios covered are correctly measured, aggregated, and analyzed in accordance with established and approved CAIRO counterparty limits.
- Provide analysis, reporting and monitoring of risk exposures and adhere to internal standards about violations and the escalation of production issues.
- Ensure that all late or missing reports and related process metrics are recorded, documented and explained appropriately.
- Propose, schedule, plan and champion projects to improve efficiencies to provide more effective business support.
- Execute infrastructure changes with regard to the implementation of new or revised policies or processes.
- Ensure internal control processes are adequate and documented appropriately as per the governance standards including establishing appropriate reviews and assessment of the quality of outputs based on business standards.
- Manage operational risk (e.g., cross-training, documentation, and audit).
- Liaise closely with the Bank’s front office traders, Credit Risk Management (CRM), Global Counterparty Credit (GCC), audit, technology groups, and other stakeholders to assist in meeting the Bank’s objectives.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses of specific metrics/exposures/transactions as required by management and stakeholders.
- Maintain a good understanding of the analytical principles underlying the risk management of financial derivatives, including issues that arise regarding the financial modeling of products for risk purposes
- Investigate and analyze the results across respective business areas of the IHC
- Complete monthly reconciliation to ensure the accuracy of risk captured
Desired Skill Set:
- 5 years of experience as a Risk Analyst
- 5 years of strong working knowledge of financial products, and counterparty credit risk
- 5 years of solid exposure to Wholesale Banking in Capital Markets– Credit and Market Risk
- 5 years of hands-on experience in performing impact assessments, drafting requirements, and performing testing for projects
- 5 years of experience in interpreting credit risk policies, monitoring and communicating with the technology team
- 5 years of proficiency in Advanced Excel including VBA, VLOOKUP and MACROS
- Excellent analytical skills
- Takes ownership and assertive to meet timelines
- University undergraduate degree in Finance/Economics/Accounting/Commerce
Nice To Have:
- CFA Certified or in-progress and/or FRM
- Sound understanding of Python
- Ability to handle complex internal systems
- Previous experience in Banking Industry
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.