Scrum Master – SAFe, RTE
Are you a self-motivated individual who is hardworking with proven work history? Are you a driven team player who is looking to join a fast-paced, high-growth, and energetic team? Are you that talented professional we are looking for? If yes, Apply Soon!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Scrum Master – SAFe, RTE who will support the enterprise’s efforts to adopt and sustain Agile principles and practices. The ideal candidate will ensure the team adheres to Scrum theory and practices while embodying key mindsets and behaviors. The individual will advocate for the scrum team and helps that outside of the team understand the interaction model to amplify the team success and Agile adoption more broadly and serve the scrum team by leading and coaching team self-organization, cross-functional collaboration, and aligning to the mandate of delivering value.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART and Solution Train using JIRA, Program and Solution Kanbans, and other information radiators
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs) Facilitate PI Planning readiness by fostering a Continuous Exploration process that drives the synthesis of a Vision, a Roadmap, and Backlogs, and through Pre- and Post-PI Planning events Facilitate the PI planning event
- Summarize Team PI Objectives into Program PI Objectives (the RTE) and publish them for visibility and transparency Summarize program PI objectives into Solution PI Objectives (the STE) and publish them for visibility and transparency
- Assist in tracking the execution of features and capabilities
- Facilitate periodic synchronization events, including the ART sync at the Essential Level and the Solution Train sync for Solution Trains Assist with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams and the roll-up to Epics, where necessary Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
- Help manage risks and dependencies Escalate and track impediments Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering Work with Product and Solution Management, Product Owners, and other stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the practices associated with DevOps and Release on Demand in the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Help drive the Lean User Experience (UX) innovation cycle Work with Product Management and Technology Portfolio leadership teams
- Understand and operate within Lean Budgets and ensure adherence to Guardrails Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos Drive relentless improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help them improve
- Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops a roadmap for strategic execution.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Conducts independent analysis to resolve strategic issues.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation, and sustainment of initiatives.
- Oversees the design, development, and implementation of tools and training for Agile practices.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure the quality of execution.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation, and management of core business/group processes.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Partners with the Product Owner to create, maintain and groom the product backlog.
- Advocates for the scrum team across the organization and actively challenges practices and approaches that are not in line with Agile philosophy.
- Stays current in the Agile space ongoing education in Agile frameworks training, conference attendance, user group participation, and self-study.
- Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Desired Skill Set:
- 7+ years of relevant experience and/or equivalent work experience preferably in a software development or project delivery environment and Agile, Lean, or Kanban practice & principles experience.
- Knowledge of Scrum framework and Agile development methods/techniques e.g. developing User Stories
- Certified as SAFe Release Train Engineer
- In-depth experience coaching teams to adopt Agile methodologies
- Enthusiastic, positive, humble, social, organized, courageous, patient, articulate, punctual & empathetic
- Knowledge and experience in financial services
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Influence skills
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration
- Able to manage ambiguity
- Data-driven decision making
- Post-secondary degree in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.