Senior Big Data Engineer
Working with one of our leading ecommerce clients, this is an incredible opportunity to join a progressive, tech-forward organization that builds world-class solutions for their end consumers. Our client is looking to expand their engineering team by bringing on a Senior Big Data engineer who will occupy a leading role in defining the group's roadmap for transforming data processing applications into commercialized data products. This person will be responsible for mentoring junior engineers, and ensuring the systems, technologies, and processes leveraged to support data reporting, warehousing, and analytics are developed and maintained in line with enterprise technology standards. This individual will also collaborate closely with Business Analysts to gather all project related requirements and translate business needs into logical data structures, and directly contribute to defining larger IT strategies. They will oversee all code review and help implement all object-oriented design best practices and coding standards, and direct team members on architecture concepts. This role will comprise of about a 60% hands-on component, largely focused around creating data pipelines and building api services.
- 10+ years IT experience in enterprise, scalable technology architecture, operations, and design
- 8-10 + years of concrete programming experience in core Python/C# SDLC
- 5+ years experience with Dockers, Kubernetes, Google BigQuery
- Experience with GCP
- Hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Experience working with and developing Rest APIs
- ETL and data integration experience
- CA Erwin experience
- AWS (RedShift)
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.