Senior Java Developer
Why Work for this Company?
- Hybrid work options with multiple offices
- ‘Digital First’ mentality with a push for transformation
- International Brand with room for growth
Why Work for this Team?
- Challenging projects with fast-paced initiatives
- Focus on best practices around SOLID and TDD
- Positive towards using new frameworks and tools
We are currently recruiting a senior level Java Developer for our client’s customer-facing Application which is a critical piece of the company’s business. This team is responsible for support, on-going changes, bug-fixes & improving customer-facing applications with the goal of creating one of the most seamless user experiences going across digital properties. In short – this team directly impacts the experience customers have with their investments by the code you write!
Development will encompass end-to-end solutions with intermediate developers taking a particular focus on writing integration API’s while senior developers will be focusing on more complex components and offering input on design & change management. With connections going to a range of downstream web services written in Soap, Json, Rest & Java API’s, these calls are more critical than ever before – and a diverse set of object-oriented coding abilities are the key to success here. Senior developers are also tasked with assisting in the shift to serverless code via Kubernetes & Docker for containerization efforts.
Candidates will need to be located in the GTA as some time will be on-site to help mentor the team and collaborate on design approaches though most work will be done remotely.
- 60% Change management, Bug Fixes, Operational Support & Resolution
- 20% Hands-on Coding & Solution Analysis
- 20% Unit Testing & TDD
- A minimum of 8 years of Development experience, preferably within an enterprise level organization on both Windows and Linux platforms
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in Java with knowledge of multiple IDE’s and frameworks with a focus on Spring, Spring MVC and Spring Boot
- 5+ years of experience with Spring Boot as multiple types of XML/XSLT will be encapsulated
- 2+ Years of experience with Kubernetes, Docker or other approaches to containerization
- 1 Year of experience with C# is a nice-to-have (ability to use multiple OO languages)
- Rest API / Java API experience is a mandatory requirement
- Strong understanding of MVC and how enterprise applications connect
- Understanding of the importance of Maven, Gradle and other configuration settings
- To satisfy audit / security requirements for this role, candidates will need to have resided in Canada for a minimum of 5 years
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.