Solutions Architect – Risk/Regulatory
Are you a collaborative team player with strong communication skills to match? Do you have the ability to effectively, and independently, manage multiple competing priorities with high attention to detail? Are you self-motivated and proactive, with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Solutions Architect who will be provide project architecture direction on complex, highly-visible architecture projects. The successful candidate will work with external vendors and service providers as needed to ensure compliance with Architectural and Security standards. The ideal candidate will possess proven leadership and organizational awareness skills and desire to contribute to and drive business strategy in light of changing technologies. This person will possess excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to document and present complex technology.
- Architectural specialist that works cooperatively and as a leader on highly medium to complex and diverse projects/ issues
- Primary subject matter expert with specialized knowledge related to architecture of multiple applications and/or lines of business.
- Foresees architectural issues / gaps and identifies emerging industry trends (i.e. future-focused)
- Influences product direction and integrates technology from an architectural perspective within the business and IT environments
- Oversees project architecture direction on complex, highly-visible architecture projects
- Works with external vendors and service providers as needed to ensure compliance with Architectural and Security standards
- Works closely with IT managers and staff to complete projects.
- Provides recommendations on value-added architectural improvements / enhancements.
- Ensure that all projects that are considered architecturally significant are presented properly at the appropriate architecture review boards and any action items received are addressed.
- Other duties as assigned
- 10 years of experience in the IT Field
- 6 years of experience as a Solution Architect
- 6 years of experience with Risk / Regulatory / Credit risk
- 6 years of experience with Finance app such as Oracle / GL
- Strong executive communication skills
- 6 years of experience with performing architecture option assessments ( proper arch design )
- Diverse work experience within the financial services industry as a systems designer, IT infrastructure solution designer, test manager and/or IT senior operations manager.
- Proven knowledge of banking Risk & Finance applications and regulation such as IFRS, Basel, Credit Risk, SAS Grid, Oracle Financial Suite, etc.
- Experience using RSA SIEM, Aveksa, Ping Federate, DataPower, Websphere Enterprise Services, Hadoop and associated tools, Tableau, relational and non-relational Databases, F5, Palo Alto, Cisco, BIND, etc.
- Experience with physical and virtual infrastructure and internal/external cloud based services including Servers, Firewalls, Load Balancers, DNS, and Application Delivery Controllers
- In-depth knowledge in developing mission critical systems that support the 24×7 nature of our business environment. Strong vendor management and negotiation skills. Deep awareness, knowledge and experience with required controls & governance issues affecting LOB and IT
- Research capabilities to find best of breed software, technology and processes
Nice to Have:
- Extensive experience with infrastructure solutions, technology and application standards, workflow processes, Finance applications and solutions, APIs, security, application development, and currency management plans
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.