Sr. Benefits Administrator – PPAC
Do you seek challenges and personal development opportunities, and have the courage to make a difference? Do you possess excellent communication skills and are constantly looking for more efficient ways to manage processes and company assets? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Sr. Benefits Administrator – PPAC who will be responsible for providing education, information and support to senior executive members through individual meetings, as required. The successful candidate will provide advice to the HR community on executive pension-related issues, special circumstances and technical pension matters. The ideal candidate has a Pension Plan Administration Certificate with 5 years of experience with Benefits Administration within an HR setting and managing defined benefit pension plans.
- Preparation and/or verification of executive pension calculations
- Preparation of total pension statements for executives
- Coordinate inputs from various internal and external partners necessary to the determination of executive pension benefits.
- For defined contribution executive pension plans
- Liaising with the external service providers to provide necessary information to support executives through enrolment to retirement; and
- Ongoing oversight of service providers to ensure service levels are met.
- Leads periodic market reviews of client’s executive pensions, to ensure appropriate competitive positioning of the plans.
- Prepares recommendations for policy changes in support of client’s executive pension strategy and leads change implementation as required.
- Lead projects engaging multiple stakeholders across functions using well-established project planning and change management skills, including managing the communication requirements.
- Leads communication strategies and creates executive pension documents, webcasts, presentations and other communication materials necessary to ensure plan members understand their pension benefits.
- Partners effectively with registered plan managers and external service providers to ensure the executive plans are effectively integrated into registered pension plan operations, and member tools and resources.
- Prepares and manages the process for retirement and benefit plan inputs to the annual management proxy circular.
Desired Skill Set:
- 5 years of experience with Benefits Administration within an HR setting
- Experience in managing defined benefit pension plans
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to deal with executive levels
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- Organized and Attention to Detail
Nice to have:
- Experience executive pension arrangements and defined contribution pension plans
- Pension Plan Administration Certificate (PPAC)
- Post-Secondary Education
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.