Sr. Business Analyst-Capital Market/Regulatory Reporting
Are you driven by collective success? Do you believe collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one? Do you understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to create a shared vision? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Sr. Business Analyst-Capital Market/Regulatory Reporting who will act as the requirements management lead for large and medium-sized projects and is often engaged with the business partner before project initiation to help clarify and formalize the project goals, objectives, and scope. The successful candidate will consult with the business to help define the need for new and/or enhanced products, services, or optimized business processes and provide advice on the functionality, applicability, and usability of data of technology solutions to support business requirements. The ideal candidate has the ability to review enhancements from a business architecture and a data analytics perspective to ensure optimal implementation both from a business process and technology perspective and ensure long-term scalability. The individual in Finance & ERPM Technology will support projects for the Finance, Tax, and Treasury groups within the bank.
- Collaborate with business partners, including senior management, to define business objectives, processes, and requirements in various areas.
- Ability to build current state and future state business process maps
- Analyze current flows and prepares use cases and all necessary documents
- Identify inconsistencies and gaps within a business process description and collaborates with stakeholders to clarify and simplify complex processes
- Determine the best approach for eliciting, analyzing, validating, and prioritizing requirements to ensure that the necessary information is captured from the relevant stakeholders to address the business needs and captures this in a Requirements Management Plan
- Plan business analysis project delivery milestones, create BA team estimates, and ensures BA team tracks to delivery dates.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions, including leading discussions, managing group dynamics, and maintaining group focus, to work towards accomplishing the stated goal(s) of the session within the context of the project objectives
- Within the context of the project, leads discussions with business partners to better understand the business environment and data requirements, to determine potential impacts on the project scope and objectives, and to modify the requirements management plan
- Build, sustain, and leverage relationships with individuals within his/her area of immediate responsibility when gathering, validating, and approving requirements to establish a comfort level in managing relationships and understanding business needs and assurance that a quality result will be delivered
- Identify and document project requirements to capture required outcomes and ultimately support the business’s overall objectives
- Highlight situations and procedures that will require change management and work with business and user to determine the best course of action
- Adhere to and ensures that others adhere to the organization’s Requirements Management Process to support the organizational standards and ensure consistency of deliverables
- Ensure all necessary stakeholders are engaged in communications between the Information Technology (IT) project team and the business to help identity who should be involved in the identification and development of the requirements
- Participate in the full development life-cycle, including requirements change requests, clarifications with developers and quality assurance analysts, and guidance for business user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Participate in the development of strategic and tactical IT plans to help inform future project work of the direction of the business
- Provide coaching, professional guidance, and support to Business Analysts, as required, to foster professional development
Desired Skill Set:
- 7+ years of experience as a Senior Business Analyst/Business Consultant within a financial institution
- Demonstrate knowledge of capital markets, treasury, corporate tax, and/or regulatory reporting for financial institutions
- Experience with regulatory reporting and financial systems
- Demonstrate solid business knowledge of the Finance/Banking industry
- Demonstrate knowledge of current finance technology landscape
- Advanced knowledge of project management and system development life cycle
- Possesses advanced knowledge of specialized, professional requirements management functions and methods
- Exhibit a solid understanding of business, data, process, and object-oriented analysis and modeling techniques
- Experience with practical application development and/or business partner solution delivery
- Experience with business assessment tools (e.g., feasibility studies, business cases and/or cost/benefit, project sizing and costing, and current state analysis/needs assessments)
- Understand and is familiar with the application of techniques associated with data modeling, process modeling, and user-centered design
- Solid understanding of technology architecture concepts, data structures, and development concepts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of agile practices including, scrum/iterative delivery, epics/user stories, staged deliveries, test-driven development
- Ability to quickly learn organizational structure, business strategies, and processes
- Strong Documentation Skills (Capable of writing clear and well-structured business documents)
- Strong MS Office Skills (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, Visio)
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in a relevant discipline
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.