Sr Developer – JAVA/Calypso
If you share a passion for performance, a growth mindset with versatile skills, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity.
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Sr Developer – JAVA/Calypso who will be responsible for the design, development and testing of operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for computing applications. The successful candidate must have the ability to create good system documentation for all work executed. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience with development and migration with the Calypso application – v14 to v16 with the ability to work independently and manage one’s time and troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issues.
- Decompose business requirements and translate them into detailed design specifications and code.
- Interact with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the
business and end customers.
- Assess the costs and benefits of different solutions and recommend/decide on appropriate designs.
- Design solutions, write code, perform unit testing, develop appropriate artefacts/documentation, and facilitate final delivery.
- Support production issues, including independently completing root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
- Devise data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with accepted enterprise architectural patterns.
- Build solutions that are supportable, scalable and help achieve our targets for application rationalization.
- Recommend and automate approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency.
- Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practise communities & individual learning.
- Provide SME Level 3 support for specific application issues
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Weekend implementation support may be required
Desired Skill Set:
- Experience with consolidating and migrating data between systems or applications
- Knowledge and application of data management best practices
- Experience with SQL database
- Experience supporting a Capital Markets system in a production environment
- Working knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Requirements understanding and translation into technical system requirements
- Experience with Workflow definition, Data analysis, Process definition
- Extensive experience with Atlassian JIRA
- Experience with using Dev Ops tools for deployment and code management
- Experience with using Artefactory, Bamboo, Calypso v14 – v16, JIRA, Bamboo and Ansible
Nice to Have:
- Exposure to one or more Capital Markets trade processing systems – Calypso v16
- Knowledge of Java as well as other programming languages
- Prior experience with large technology vendors
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of XML, Java, JSP and other relevant software
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.