Sr. Financial Accountant / Business Analyst – CPA/ IFRS 17
Are you a self-learner with strong accounting and analysis skills? Do you have a solid understanding of technological systems and data workflow? Are you a motivated, flexible, team player with perseverance, excellent multi-tasking abilities and a proven track record for meeting strict deadlines? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Sr. Financial Accountant / Business Analyst – CPA/ IFRS 17 who will be responsible for assessing the impacts and establishing clear and concise requirements for Regulatory and Management Reporting, Financial Systems and Processes and Expense Allocations. The ideal candidate is a self-learner with strong accounting and analysis skills, and a solid understanding of technological systems and data workflow, who will work along with the team to overcome a lot of diversified challenges related to IFRS 17.
- In collaboration with Management Finance and Financial Accounting teams, the candidate shall understand the new IFRS standard and its application by assessing the operational impacts on systems, processes, financial allocations, and regulatory and management reporting.
- Contribute to the definition and documentation of detailed business requirements for the expense allocation tool and Management reporting changes.
- Contribute to the new expense allocation tool.
- Perform testing and assist in driving the testing strategy of the new model/system.
- Support for preparing and analyzing IT-related IFRS 17 deliverables throughout the project.
- Act as subject matter expert for clients’ Finance team and provide guidance and recommendations to various stakeholders/executives.
- Actively participate in the implementation of the IFRS 17 platform.
Desired Skill Set:
- 7 years of experience as a Finance Analyst
- 7 years of experience in supporting Expenses
- 7 years of experience working in a large Banking or IT organization
- Experience with Management reporting, accounting & financial analysis
- Financial background around allocations and accruals
- CPA designation
- Ability to read and understand financial statements.
Nice to have:
- Bilingual in English and French
- Accounting designation
- Familiarity with IFRS Accounting regulations
- Knowledge of General Insurance
- Previous experience working in the banking industry
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.