Sr. Fraud Operations Officer
Integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork, do you hold them all? Do you have ideas and ideals? Are you a great advisor and a coordinator? Are you a versatile self-starter who can adapt quickly to new environments? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Sr. Fraud Operations Officer who will perform review and challenge of 1st line of defense core activities for Fraud risk prevention and measurement, mitigation strategies, and material risk identification with the goal of attaining best in class Fraud prevention competency at the bank.The ideal candidate will drive the socialization, adoption, consistent and appropriate implementation, and ongoing maintenance of the Fraud policies, standards, methods, etc. across many entities.
- Provide subject matter expertise on regulatory requirements and defining threats and risk scenarios in order to provide recommendations on changes or program enhancements required to address such requirements and threats
- Act as a Fraud risk management advocate to the first line business units ensuring business buy-in and facilitating the integration of second-line frameworks policies, standards, and minimum requirements
- Provide oversight of the following 2nd line activities including Risk and Compliance Assessments, control Testing Validation, Issue and Incident Management
- Ensure controls are in place
- Provide oversight and challenge of ad-hoc EFM initiatives-1st line of defense -updating procedure and operational risk remediation, regulatory requirements, helps in turn with 2nd line of defense
- Ensure procedures are set up and running accurately, further exploring processes and procedures and how they function to improve the operation
- 8-12 years experience with working in/running 1st or 2nd line in fraud operations
- Experience with fraud operations within a major banking institution
- Experience with normalizing benchmarking program-setting up a process where the bank pipes in info from industry
- Knowledge of operational risk and analyzing risk information required
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Sound interpretation and defending skills
- Superior analytical skills; ability to frame key analyses required to address critical business issues
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to deal with ambiguity; creative and lateral thinker
- Ability to establish conducive working relationships with stakeholders across a variety of functions including business, operations and technology
- Team-oriented, collaborative and flexible
- Ability to address and deliver against multiple and competing deadlines
- University Degree
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of bank's Corporate Policies, Standards relating to operational risk
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.