Sr. IT Project Manager – AWS/ Banking
Do you have strong leadership qualities and relationship management skills with proven experience delivering projects? If yes, we have an exciting opportunity for you…
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Sr. IT Project Manager – AWS/ Banking who will be responsible for leading assigned projects from project initiation to implementation to achieve desired business results. This candidate will ensure that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of project success including delivering projects on time, within budget, within quality standards and to the satisfaction of the project sponsor. The candidate will drive to mitigate execution risk to achieve the desired business outcomes. They will also direct, manage, and coordinate team members including other project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and external regulatory organizations.
- Provides guidance to the project sponsor on the implementation and sustainment of projects, resulting in successful project outcomes.
- Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle, including business, operational and technology deliverables. Ensures all project processes are completed.
- Ensures change management plans are developed, socialized and consistently measured to deliver the expected project benefits and adoption.
- Executes project requirements in governance frameworks focused on risk appetite, regulatory and compliance standards.
- Develops all related project management artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards
- Monitors and controls project deliverables. Makes recommendations and adjustments to the overall project plan to achieve deliverables,
- Provides project sponsor with advice on the viability of the business case (costs, benefits, KPIs, etc.) throughout the project.
- Understands project interdependencies and demonstrates the critical thinking that proactively identifies project risks and establishes effective risk mitigation from the outset.
- Demonstrates stakeholder partnership that involves effective communicating with the project sponsor; gains and builds trust and rapport.
- Demonstrates ownership and commitment by holding themselves accountable for the identification and resolution of project problems.
- Leads and/or represents the project in project team meetings, governance forums and inter-department forums.
- Adheres to Bank risk, regulatory and compliance controls.
Desired Skill Set:
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Project Manager
- 5+ years of experience with AWS and with consulting firms such as Deloitte
- Previous financial industry experience
- Previous experience with Project Management software
- Advanced MS Office skills especially Excel, VLOOKUP’s
- Solid verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent collaboration & team skills
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and Data-driven decision-making skills
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of Clarity
- PMI/ PMP Certification
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.