Sr. Kafka Consultant
Integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity, and teamwork, do you hold them all? Do you have ideas and ideals? Are you a great advisor and a coordinator? Are you a versatile self-starter who can adapt quickly to new environments? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Sr. Kafka Consultant who will understand the development, implementation, and operational implications of proposed data models and mappings. The ideal candidate needs to have hands-on experience with Big Data technologies, RDMS, NoSQL, Confluent Kaha, Apache Spark, etc. The individual is responsible for modeling, data mapping, and schema optimization between different business domains where semantics, syntax, and formats vary widely.
- Collaborate and interact internally and externally with colleagues, customers, and vendors to ensure that the packaging and deployment of software applications are effective, functional, and reliable
- Responsible for application packaging and integration ensuring applications are packaged and delivered according to documented user requirements, industry, the bank and TBE best practices
- Leverage the existing tools, processes and best practices associated with application packaging such that documented user requirements are satisfied while adhering to bank's technical standards
- Work collaboratively with the Desktop Engineering team to ensure effective application packaging parameters are documented and delivered according to business & security requirements
- Work collaboratively with the Desktop Engineering team, subject matter experts and end users to ensure thorough testing is completed prior to production delivery
- Test and verify security controls in fixes, and new or upgraded products
- Maintain appropriate security stance within all packages
- Work collaboratively with the Release Management team to assist in application rationalization practices, particularly when receiving net new software requests
- Build strong working relationships internally and with LOBs, the Engineering and Release Management teams in an effort to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Maintain open communications with the Engineering and QA teams to ensure appropriate technical configurations are completed relative to user requirements and that all applicable standards are met
Desired Skill Set:
- 8+ years of experience with Data Management & Migration
- 8+ years of experience with Systems Integration
- 8+ years of experience with Data Transformation & Warehousing
- 8+ years of experience with System Development
- 8+ years of experience with System Analysis
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Windows XP and Windows 7
- Experience with global markets trading systems, driving the modeling of schema design across trading systems and integration services
- Experience with data modeling (especially in Cap Mkts environment), data lineage, MDM, logical and physical design
- Experience with data engineering, custom ETL design, enterprise data lakes, etc.
- Experience with data fabric, data visualization, and related tools
- Experience with modeling trading system data across trading processes, including trade, transaction, event, and reference data
- Experience with trading systems platforms, their internal data representations, and their messaging, file, and API representations
- Experience with working with development teams to align their development + testing efforts
- Experience with approaches to support the evolution, the extension of the data models, rules over time, effectively, efficiently
- Experience with metadata development
- Experience with facilitating normalized data model’s development across application teams
- Exposure to messaging and API schema implementations
- Clear, concise, purposeful documentation skills
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.