Sr. Mainframe Developer – SAS/ Spring Boot
Are you a versatile self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with attention to detail? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Sr. Mainframe Developer – SAS/ Spring Boot who will be responsible for leading the creation of a comprehensive end-to-end detailed design, developing and maintaining technical solutions that adhere to engineering and architectural design principles, while meeting business requirements. This candidate will take overall accountability for the technical design and delivery of the System Design Specification.
- Develop and document a detailed solution design within SDS, and impart your subject matter expertise throughout the life cycle.
- Help transform the Canadian Fraud Detection portfolio by designing a new platform with the latest technologies for best-in-class detection and scaling capabilities to meet enterprise needs
- Participate in complex applications and systems development, and programming.
- Give solution options. bolster stakeholder support.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on project estimates.
- Produce top-notch functional, technical and user interface designs.
- Take business, Enterprise Architecture, system performance and development standards requirements, then develop functional, technical and user interface designs for an application and/or system.
- Consult on the development of User Story creation & Story Refinement
- Review technical deliverables for quality throughout the detailed design and development phase, identify gaps or redesign as needed.
- Define metrics and performance goals with technology partners and peers.
- Respect the client’s technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity – this includes thorough project requirements, documentation, scope estimates, and costs.
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting milestones and ensuring project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards.
- Find ways to keep costs low, and help come up with strategic solutions to support cost-effectiveness and enhance stakeholder experience.
- Conduct code reviews to address quality, standards compliance, reusability and ease of maintenance, Operational Readiness Reviews, and support gating and review sign-offs for solution design.
- Support knowledge management processes and ensure knowledge is codified, monitored, tracked and managed.
- Ensure design leverages existing reusable components, traces back to business requirements, and that new modules are designed with reusability in mind.
- Identify and address any issue that affects the integrity of the application (e.g. cross-capability/release issues).
- Provide technical support to promptly resolve escalated incidents/outages.
Desired Skill Set:
- 5 years of Host or Mainframe experience
- 5 years of experience with IMS, JCL and COBOL
- 5 years of working knowledge of SAS
- 5 years of experience in Spring and Spring Boot
- 5 years of expertise with DB2
- 2 years of working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
Nice to have:
- 5 years of experience in REST API development using Spring Boot
- 5 years of expertise in Cloud
- 5 years of experience in Java
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.