Sr. Project Manager – Cloud migration
Do you have strong leadership qualities and relationship management skills with proven experience delivering projects? If yes, we have an exciting opportunity for you…
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Sr. Project Manager – Cloud migration who will be supporting the Cloud Migration projects and managing vendor relationships for the Data and Analytics Team. This candidate will lead assigned projects from project initiation to implementation to achieve desired business results. The successful candidate must ensure that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of project success including delivering projects on time, within budget, within quality standards and to the satisfaction of the project sponsor.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Manages/validates financial forecasts and conducts ongoing reconciliation.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Socializes change management plans with stakeholders and consistently measures project effectiveness and adoption.
- Directs complex initiatives typically involving multiple business units.
- Exercises direct accountability for projects with up to 50 team members
- Negotiates complex contracts with external vendors (in consultation with Strategic Sourcing) to ensure receipt of specific resources and materials
- Takes ownership of the project from cradle to grave and ensures all project artifacts are completed.
- Manages overall project budget.
- Provides guidance to the project sponsor on the implementation and sustainment of projects, resulting in successful project outcomes.
- Manages all aspects of the project lifecycle, including business, operational and technology deliverables. Ensures all project processes are completed.
- Ensures change management plans are developed, socialized and consistently measured to deliver the expected project benefits and adoption.
- Executes project requirements in governance frameworks focused on risk appetite, and regulatory and compliance standards.
- Develops all related project management artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards
- Monitors and controls project deliverables. Makes recommendations and adjustments to the overall project plan to achieve deliverables,
- Provides project sponsor with advice on the viability of the business case (costs, benefits, KPIs, etc.) throughout the project.
- Understands project interdependencies and demonstrates the critical thinking that proactively identifies project risks and establishes effective risk mitigation from the outset.
- Demonstrates stakeholder partnership that involves effective communicating with the project sponsor; gains and builds trust and rapport.
Desired skill set:
- 7+ years of relevant IT PM experience
- Practical experience driving vendor development and navigating institutional changes
- Previous experience with AWS services/Cloud migrations
- Previous banking industry experience preferred
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Solid judgement, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Learning agility
- Expert in Stakeholder management
- Able to navigate challenging situations effectively.
- Able to apply project management methodologies or approaches.
- Able to manage project and business risks, including project interdependencies.
- Able to resolve project issues effectively.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Commendable verbal and written communication, collaboration and team skills
- Expert Influence and Data-driven decision-making skills.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
Nice to have:
- Valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Complex merger/acquisition experience
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.