Sr. Software Developer – Java/J2EE
Are you passionate about working with cutting-edge technologies? Do you want to work for one of the top Canadian financial institutions? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Sr. Software Developer – Java/J2EE who will be responsible for providing a broad range of systems and application support, research and analysis, administration, performance availability monitoring and management. This candidate must follow established processes/standards, business technology architecture, and risk and production capacity guidelines; plan, monitor and escalate issues as required.
- Provide the professional suggestion and feedback with design documents
- Communicate with technical and business designers to clarify the requirement before starting the coding implementation.
- Provide high quality development solutions to meet industry best practice standards.
- Perform controlled incident resolution including prioritization and escalation, involving business and technology partners as appropriate.
- Service applications and systems, provide application, systems, and operational availability levels that meet or exceed standards and service levels already established while minimizing operational risk.
- Promptly schedule packaging and release new applications in a timely manner, and reduce change execution times by planning implementations with parallel work streams (while working with stakeholders as appropriate).
- Strive to improve production environment stability by working with others to set up, maintain and monitor applications and systems, while meeting availability targets.
- Provide prompt, effective day-to-day support, accurately identify and resolve issues, and perform controlled and timely incident resolution all while making client satisfaction a top priority.
- Deliver effective and defect-free support (application, software and operations), research system issues and opportunities, recommend changes, oversee execution, and keep accurate documentation.
- Review, and integrate application requirements (e.g. functional, security, integration, performance, quality, operations).
- Address application, cross-capability and cross-release issues.
- Assume incident management role (communicator, tracker, escalator, driver, etc.).
- Monitor system life cycles, ensure both specs and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions and re-develop as required.
- Use meaningful metrics to monitor environmental performance.
- Improve performance and resource utilization by assessing and analyzing opportunities to optimize the operational environment.
- Comply with both disaster and business recovery plans.
- Identify/implement process improvements to enhance revenue, and customer experience and reduce costs
- Coding as required using Java/J2ee
Desired skill set:
- Minimum 10 years of solid experience in Java/J2EE
- 5 years of experience with Linux and Unix
- 5 years of experience in WebSphere/JBoss EAP/HTTP servers
- 5 years of experience in Banking or the Financial Industry
- 3 years of expertise in IBM MQ
- Experience using MKS or GIT or Clear Case or another code repository
- Undergraduate degree or technical certificate
Nice to have:
- Hands-on working experience with JBoss, JS Libraries, Python
- Comfortable using MS Word, Excel, and Visio for the documentation
- Experience to develop code under highly security-protected Windows and Unix environments
- Experience with GIT, Bitbucket, Confluence, JIRA and ServiceNow
- Understanding of CyberArk, Veracode, PENTest
- Experience in DevOps with a focus on continuous integration, infrastructure deployments and application code
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.