Sr. Technology Project Manager – Financial
Do you have strong leadership qualities and relationship management skills with proven experience delivering projects? If yes, we have an exciting opportunity for you…
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Sr. Technology Project Manager – Financial who will be responsible for managing multiple project stakeholders from cross-functional teams, as well as interfacing with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors and consultants. This candidate will engage the executive sponsor to ensure active participation in project initiatives. The ideal candidate has solid experience working in a large complex and matrix organization while working on technology projects and hands-on with SDLC and PMLC Methodologies, MS Office Suite, Clarity, Jira and Confluence.
- Effectively manage stakeholder expectations related to project cost, time, and scope of deliverables
- Establish effective project oversight and other governance bodies, and engages the correct levels to support the direction of the project
- Provide ongoing communication to key stakeholders, including the Project Sponsor, Program Manager and Portfolio Director to ensure they are aware of significant changes to the project status promptly
- Communicate project summary, status, financials, etc. to appropriate parties involved in the governance of the project
- Collaborate with the appropriate partners to ensure required resources are assigned to the project for successful delivery
- Assess and ensure that customer experience/stakeholder expectations are appropriately managed
- Build consensus and relationships with the project team and business
- Manage and track cash view of all project financials (forecasts and actuals)
- Build and manage project schedule, obtaining input from all project stakeholders to gain buy-in and acceptance of milestones and target completion dates for all project deliverables
- Maintain project RAID log, tracking and managing risks, issues, actions and decisions through to completion by owners
- Adhere to established project management processes ensuring approved scope deliverables are completed
- Oversee the scope of the project and collaboratively adjusts the scope when necessary, ensuring adherence to established project change management processes
- Adhere to enterprise project gating and governance controls to ensure that projects meet all the performance, quality and compliance standards and conform to appropriate methodology
Desired Skill Set:
- 10 years of experience in a large complex and matrix organization
- 10 years of working knowledge of PMLC and SDLC methodologies and practices
- 5 years of experience managing technology projects
- 5 years of experience in Agile Delivery
- Familiar with Project Management tools such as Clarity, SharePoint, JIRA, Confluence, Visio, and Ppm tools
- PMP Certification by PMI
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Adaptable to a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Understands and appreciates different and opposing perspectives
Nice to have:
- Experience in Financial Services
- Expertise in Clarity
- Experience in SAFe
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.