Sr. Unix Platform Engineer-Azure/MongoDb
Are you a versatile self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently with attention to detail? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Sr. Unix Platform Engineer-Azure/MongoDb who will be responsible for ensuring all of the Regulatory, Compliance, and Internal Audit obligations as identified by the client’s Risk Management and Information Security standards are met by the delivered solution. This candidate will contribute to the future strategy and technology direction. The ideal candidate has a solid hands-on experience in UNIX, Oracle and Azure SQL.
- Perform deployments, administration and management of application components
- Assist with Automated Regression Testing, System Integration Testing and Performance Acceptance Testing
- Support non-production environment
- Monitoring and Measurement of Key Performance Indicators
- Perform capacity planning for both production and non-production environments
- Product certification, patch management, upgrades and currency.
- Ensure project deliverables are met in a timely manner with excellent quality
- Build system deployment plans and follow the ITIL process
- Leverage DevOps Tools and Agile Methodology to deliver projects
Desired skill set:
- 9 years of relevant experience in engineering
- Expertise in Unix Engineering
- Ability to perform complex to difficult technical tasks independently
- Experience in Implementation for the NICE Actimize Platform
- Understanding of Databases including Oracle and Azure SQL
- Experience with Database Query Languages e.g. SQL, XQUERY and Mongoose
- Experience in Enterprise Monitoring tools such as Nastel and Dynatrace
- Understanding of XML, XSLT, XPATH and JSON
- Experience with Java/JMS, .NET, C/C++, REST
- Expertise in Scripting in JIL Shell and Salt
- Working knowledge of Collaboration Tools such as Confluence, Stash, JIRA
Nice to have:
- Experience working on Azure platform, ARM templates, Azure CLI
- Experience with Hadoop or other big data platforms.
- Understanding of Messaging Systems and Paradigms (e.g. Solace, TIBCO EMS)
- Understanding of Workflow Engines, Complex Event Processing Systems (e.g. TIBCO BusinessWorks and Drools)
- Exposure to Solace, TIBCO EMS, WebSphere MQ, JBoss, Kafka, Airflow
- Experience with Application Testing, Test Automation
- Understanding of DevOps Tools and the Agile Methodology
- Business knowledge in one or more of the following areas :
- Capital Markets (Familiarity with Asset Class and Products)
- Regulatory Compliance and AML solutions experience.
- Working knowledge of Mongo DB
- Experience in TeamCity or Jenkins
- Experience in Cloud implementation
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.