System Admin- Hadoop/ Linux
Are you collaborative, innovative, and enjoy visionary thinking? Are you a self-motivated individual who is hardworking with proven work history? Are you a forward-thinking, creative individual who willingly takes ownership of complex and challenging initiatives? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a System Admin- Hadoop/ Linux who will be responsible for supporting the team to assist with currency initiatives to ensure existing hardware is up-to-date with respect to O/S and Application related patches as well as overnight support duties. This candidate should have some Unix System Administrator experience as well as Hadoop experience, accompanied by a strong knowledge of ServiceNow. The ideal candidate has effective interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work well with a fast-moving team.
- Monitor and resolve incidents related to infrastructure systems and applications
- Initiate corrective actions to resolve system and infrastructure application errors.
- Log and document production problems, identify recurring problems and recommend preventative measures.
- Answer calls from application support groups or systems engineers, identify problems and resolve or escalate as required.
- Interact with systems programmers, server, database and network support staff to maintain responsive and available infrastructure for the application
Desired Skill Set:
- 10 years of proven experience with Hadoop and Linux
- 5 years of experience with Service Now
- 4 years of experience in a Unix systems administrator role
- Degree in Computer Science
Nice to have:
- 8 years of working knowledge of SaltStack
- Linux Certification
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.