System Architect (Guidewire)
If you share a passion for performance, a growth mindset with versatile skills, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity.
Working with one of the top clients this role calls for a System Architect (Guidewire) you will have the opportunity to define and develop solution architecture sketch and design documentation for implementation projects that support the most efficient, reliable, scalable, and secure solutions to meet the business needs and technology strategy; this includes planning, evaluating, recommending and designing products and architectural solutions in compliance with enterprise standards.
- Ensure we are building cohesive, future-forward digital services that leverage enterprise technology assets and best practices using modern software development, deployment and operations principles.
- Leads and facilitates the design and implementation of repeatable technical solutions and processes related to technology solution architecture.
- You will maintain the application and technology landscape view for the portfolio.
- Partners with broader internal stakeholders to define architectural possibilities and futures.
- You will also get the opportunity to liaise with business and development teams to recommend processes or system design enhancements.
- Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
- Responsible for Architectural deliverables when involved in strategic solutions and delivery within a project setting. Magnitude –projects from $1 million to $100 million.
- Develop and sustain reference architectures for the 5 EA domains (Business, Information, Application, Technology and Security)
- Provide consulting and advice to the business community regarding plans and strategies
- Develop and evolve the enterprise architecture, describing business components, technical infrastructures and their inter-relationships and dependencies
- Development of Business Technology Services’ strategies, principles and plans
- Liaise and collaborate with business partners in all disciplines
- Support and advise management and technical staff in all branches within Business Technology Services
- Conduct architectural reviews and integrate, as required, legislative requirements and business processes.
- Conduct user interface reviews, determine impacts of infrastructure change and ensure solutions are aligned with corporate strategy, objectives and architectural principles
- Periodically assess current architecture for components at risk of obsolescence, and identify opportunities for investment/remediation or replacement.
- Contribute to client’s intellectual capital through the development of leading-edge methods for IT delivery and architecture development
- Keep abreast of industry (both technical and business-related) trends and internal strategies and directions through publications, research papers, personal networks and vendors to identify opportunities for the client
- Provide evaluation of technology innovation with business needs by leading proof of concept projects.
- Recommend technical solutions which will drive automated processes and/or minimize internal sourcing needs.
- Develop, model and apply enterprise-wide references to processes, information models, applications and technical architectures as they relate to IT projects.
- Provide subject matter expertise in at least one architectural domain or client’s line of business.
Desired Skill Set:
- Undergraduate degree/diploma
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- TOGAF, CISSP and CDMP Certification
- Experience in the Insurance industry
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Guidewire Insurance Suite
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.