Technical Writer – Banking/ Bilingual
Are you a self-motivated technical writer with stellar communication skills? Are you comfortable collaborating with a team to create meaningful content? Can you thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines, competing priorities and client demands concurrently? Then, here is an opportunity for you!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Technical Writer – Banking/ Bilingual who will be responsible for writing, publishing and maintaining corporate policies, standards, operating procedures and manuals. The successful candidate must ensure solutions are written in a clear, concise and consistent manner to provide information that increases knowledge of processes and policies, and enables businesses and groups to ensure legal and legislative requirements are met. The ideal candidate is bilingual in French and English and has solid experience in technical writing with excellent communication, influencing, collaboration and analytical skills.
- Provides technical expertise to other team members, acting as a go-to person for the team.
- Determines and documents content requirements; educates business partners on content requirements to ensure communications requests are received in a content-ready format.
- Understands content, assesses impacts and engages stakeholders as required to ensure accuracy, consistency, and effectiveness of communication solutions.
- Collects required information for review and analysis.
- Analyzes content and assesses impacts on existing policies and other communications initiatives. Information may be considered confidential and require appropriate handling.
- Develops technical communication solutions, circulars, and operation/procedural documents, and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Translates complex information into high-quality communications that are clear and concise.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service of all communications and tasks.
- Performs change management functions related to procedural communications.
- Builds effective relationships with content issuers and subject matter experts to support business/groups in the delivery of documentation.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Supports Policy and Procedure governance in collaboration with internal/external stakeholders.
- Focus is primarily on business/group; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handle non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Desired Skill Set:
- 3-5yrs of technical writing experience.
- Expert knowledge of standard office software.
- Experience with high complexity communications in banking with a preference for Risk Management experience.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Professionalism and business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional collaboration, analytical, problem-solving and team skills
- Commendable Influencing and Data-driven decision-making skills
Nice to have:
- A degree or post-graduate diploma in communications, journalism, English, or a related discipline
- Bilingual in English and French
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.