Are you a self-motivated technical writer with stellar communication skills? Do you enjoy developing and delivering high-quality, user-friendly documentation? Are you comfortable collaborating with a team to create meaningful content? Can you thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines, competing priorities and client demands concurrently? Then, here is an opportunity for you!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Technical Writer-Wealth who will be responsible for designing, writing, and maintaining online documentation for clients’ Private Wealth employees both front line staff and their support staff for a successful launch and sustainment of changes for systems and projects. The documentation includes procedures, policy, and product information, standards and guidelines, legal disclosures and guidelines, change management messaging, news messages, job aids, etc. The successful candidate must understand the systems and changes being implemented.
- Create and optimize content for the audience – You’ll make sure that information is clear, accurate and complete, following standards for plain language and design, along with the client’s intranet and department standards.
- You will plan and provide documentation plans and estimates of work effort, prioritize work to meet timelines and needs of the business unit and internal service level agreements, analyze documentation requirements to determine the impact and relationship with existing documentation, along with its effectiveness for its intended audiences, and recommend solutions to issues based on alternative options and experience.
- You will actively involve the end user in the design of documentation by soliciting feedback and identifying ways to improve the employee and client experience.
- You’ll suggest ways to improve navigation, design of documentation and online communications, and research alternate methods and applications for documentation.
- Collaborate with the Agile Project team to understand project deliverables and requirements.
- Work closely and collaborate with business partners to ensure the correctness and completeness of the information while ensuring that design and wording are optimized to the needs of the audience.
- You’ll work with minimal supervision, keeping management informed while escalating a few issues and concerns.
- You’ll help deliver larger communication work packages within the team, independently lead small to medium technical content work packages for the team, actively participate in project meetings were needed to receive project updates, contribute to the post-implementation review, and proactively identify and documents updates to internal processes (e.g., job aids), support team members by sharing expertise, knowledge and information.
- Build relationships and share relevant information appropriately with business partners or project stakeholders
- Work closely with the project team relevant business partners and the branch network to review materials for training.
- Work to understand potential impacts on existing training materials and look for opportunities to re-use or re-purpose existing training materials, where appropriate
- Provide regular project updates and ensure the timely completion of necessary production and translation activities and handoffs during the creation of a solution
Desired Skill Set:
- Experience working with Agile Environment and projects.
- Experience with creating In-App training content
- 5-7 years of experience in Technical Writing
- 5-8 years of experience in the financial services industry with a highly developed knowledge of the wealth management business.
- Experienced Technical Writer and Communicator.
- Strong skills in plain language writing and design.
- Understanding of how to create and manage content in an online environment.
- Strong skills in consulting and relationship management.
- Adept at managing multiple deadlines at different stages, able to juggle competing priorities and sometimes tight timelines. High standards of accuracy, completeness and attention to detail
- Degree or diploma in technical communications or a related field.
- Experience using Microsoft suite of products
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with CRMs
- Experience with the following:
- Financial Services and brokerage technology systems
- Collaboration platforms/ tools
- Video/ audio production
- SharePoint Online
- Bilingualism in French and English
- Experience coding HTML or a related language
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.