Test Automation Lead
Are you dreaming of a job within an ever-growing agile QA team? Are you looking for an environment that encourages continuous self-improvement? Then, Apply Now!
Working with one of the top financial clients this role calls for a Test Automation Lead who will be responsible for providing direction and feedback throughout the development and design process. This candidate must follow established testing processes to identify, assess, address, resolve and/or escalate, and develop contingency plans. The successful candidate has solid hands-on experience in implementing effective test strategies and providing guidance to delivery teams in using tools / setting up environments that support ongoing quality and traceability.
- Direct Automation planning, design, development and execution to achieve business outcomes.
- Integrate directly into a team’s continuous delivery process, augmenting the delivery of quality software and ensuring speed, agility and risk management
- Strong test automation experience using automation tools & frameworks in analyzing, developing, debugging, executing and supporting complex automated test cases. (Selenium/Java, Rest assured, Parasoft SOA test, Postman).
- Ability to understand technical solutions to build an optimized Test Automation Approach, inclusive of the tool strategy.
- Implement functional and non-functional automation (performance, readiness/reliability testing (ORT), accessibility, security) approach, frameworks, script development and execution, and ensure automated tests are integrated into the continuous integration, delivery, and testing (CI/CD/CT) pipelines.
- Ensure source code management looking for opportunities to effectively leverage tools and engineering practices (DevOps tools and processes, SV, monitoring tools and processes, etc.
- Engineer and leverage virtual assets to support virtualization of any incomplete/unavailable code, service, database, etc.; has strong knowledge of test data management to reuse automated test data provisioning capabilities to be able to adopt a standard test data tool set.
- Contribute early in the design and development process to ensure built-in-quality code.
- Play a key role in developing, documenting, and proactively identifying end-to-end test solution designs and early automation opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to define and validate appropriate user stories, acceptance criteria and definitions of done / ready.
- Apply the principles of Behavior / Test-Driven Development and focus on value-driven outcomes.
- Lead Automation planning, design, preparation, and execution activities.
- Analyze, develop, debug, execute and maintain complex automated test cases.
- Support all project/ release automation testing (e.g. integration, business acceptance, performance, operability, deployment verification).
- Coordinate code deployments, maintenance upgrades and project testing across numerous environments on various technology platforms.
- Participate in audit reviews of test artifacts, ensure they meet standards and audit requirements, and are stored in the project site.
- Use tools to develop, and maintain virtualized services, components, and environments.
Desired Skill Set:
- 5 years of solid experience in an Automation Test Lead role while working at a mid-to-large organization
- 5 years of proven experience in building frameworks
- 5 years of expertise in CI/CD/CT pipelines
- 5 years of hands-on experience with Java, Selenium and Rest Assured
Nice To Have:
- Previous experience working in Banking or Financial Institution
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.