Vendor Manager – ARIBA
Do you seek challenges and personal development opportunities, and dare to make a difference? Do you possess excellent communication skills and are constantly looking for more efficient ways to manage processes and company assets? Then, apply now!
Working with one of our top financial clients, this role calls for a Vendor Manager – ARIBA who will be responsible for managing vendor relationship(s) through all stages of the agreement lifecycle, in alignment with relevant company frameworks/methodologies, and with business and enterprise objectives. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills. The candidate must be customer service-oriented and can work independently and manage time and deadlines effectively. The candidate must be self-motivated, able to implement initiatives without direction and manage multiple stakeholder relationships.
- Provide leadership, direction, and coaching to teams(s) while partnering with business and executive stakeholders within a line of business.
- Facilitate and/or support the management of enterprise vendors as assigned.
- Report to Senior Manager.
- Manage vendor relationship to business' strategic goals and objectives, understanding and reconciling competing priorities and evolving business requirements.
- Evaluate vendor performance and ensure the prompt and thorough resolution or escalation of performance issues, understanding/managing risks associated with customer-facing/impacting vendors.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal partners and vendor(s) to ensure business priorities requirements are clearly understood and met, and objectives are aligned.
- Provide advice and guidance to business partners and VM teams as appropriate regarding VM best-practice to optimize and secure value from third-party relationships.
- Understand contractual terms and conditions, and their commercial implications to the business to effectively manage vendor agreement(s) and relationship(s).
- Represent the needs of the business and actively participate in contract negotiations and enterprise vendor management governance meetings.
- Actively engages with sourcing partners to share business, industry, and vendor insights in support of strategic planning and contract negotiations.
- Provide input into strategic planning, then implement strategic direction set by Business Leadership across all relevant business units, and lines of business in the case of enterprise vendors, including employment of agreed VM governance.
- Apply organizational change management principles and practices to effectively manage stakeholder and vendor expectations, anticipating downstream impacts and planning accordingly to minimize disruption.
- Engage business partners to ensure active participation in vendor governance and oversight, ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly defined.
- Apply sound judgment by understanding priorities, dependencies and making pragmatic decisions in the context of enterprise and line of business objectives.
- Develop and retain in-depth knowledge and expertise of marketplace and industry developments of vendor relationship, category, and business requirements.
- Apply accounting and mathematical principles to work as needed.
- Analyze business trends and project future revenues and expenses.
Desired Skill Set:
- Undergraduate degree in business management, economics, finance, accounting, or relevant field.
- 8 years of Vendor Management experience.
- Experience working with PowerPoint.
- Experience working with Excel and manipulating large datasets.
- Experience creating presentations and presenting to executives.
- Experience working with cost savings.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in a Managerial role.
- Experience working with Ariba.
- Experience working with Wealth Management.
- Experience working in the Financial industry.
- Experience working with strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience working with Enterprise Applications.
BeachHead is an equal opportunity agency and employer. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.